Saturday, November 27, 2010

"You´d think a guy would like to die living a life like this." (Harrison,30)



Dear diary,
Live in war is an endless game, we are six days in the front, six days at rest and back to the round, this is the routine that has been made for us. While on trenches we have to be careful with everything: talking, smoking during sentry duty and even in hiding cause any mistake can caused us our lifes. While laying in our shattered trench, wet to the skin, we had been hiding for a German sniper, thinking that death is a more appealing idea than our daily life but fearful of this option. We are still looking for survival. The parapet of our trench felt so we have to be very careful in order to not get shot. I was a little scare because it didn´t protect us at it used to.We miss a lot of things: our families and friends, food, our home. Sometimes we think about our families we know that we are here for them but it makes us think that maybe we will not have the oppotunity to tell our them all the adventures we have passed.While I am in the trench I think about all the things I haven´t done and enjoy; I know I am missing a lot of things that will never repeat, it makes me sad but I hope that when I return there woul be a lot of opportinities for me and this experience would make me stronger. I´m sure my family is proud of me but I hope that God gives me the chance to see them again. I´m very fearful about the idea of dying, but the things that we passed everyday sometimes makes me doubt about what I prefer. I hope to remain alive of this trench and that soon the war finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment